Mike Rankin shows how working nondestructively in Photoshop gives you the flexibility to make adjustments to an image at any time, knowing that you can always undo the changes you make. He demonstrates the use of Smart Filters including the Oil Paint filter and Gaussian Blur.
- [Instructor] Knowing how to work non-destructively … in Photoshop is an essential skill. … It gives you all kinds of flexibility … to make adjustments to an image at any time, … and the freedom to experiment knowing … that you can always undo the changes that you make. … So in this movie, we'll look at some ways … of working non-destructively with smart filters … and adjustment layers. … In our exercise file, let's start by applying … some non-destructive filters to this image … to make some creative effects. … I'll go to the Filter menu, … and choose Convert for Smart Filters. … I get a dialogue box telling me … that this layer will be converted … to a smart object. … Smart objects are another important tool … for working non-destructively, … and we look at how to use those in another movie. … You should definitely be familiar with the benefits … of using both linked and embedded smart objects … for the ACA exam. … So here we'll click okay to accept the change … to a smart object. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.