Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Photography and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Preparing for editing
- Making white backgrounds truly white with Viveza
- Creating vintage color looks in Color Efex Pro
- Adding vintage black-and-white looks in Silver Efex Pro
- Non-HDR compositing in HDR Efex Pro
- Deconstructing presets
- Using U Points for complete control
- Creating quick effects with Snapseed
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Joseph Linaschke, photographic story teller and travel writer, educator, and the Aperture expert. I travel the world shooting portraits, travel, lifestyle, product, you name it. I teach photography and Aperture workshops online and in person, and I also work with schools around the globe helping them to integrate photography into their curriculum. I find the Nik Creative plugins to be some of the most powerful and creative editing tools on the market today. Whether you're working in Photoshop, Lightroom, or Aperture, or on a Mac or on a PC, the experience once you launch into the plugins is equally amazing. In this course, I'm going to focus on some of my favorite creative techniques.
I'll share with you how I use Silver Efex Pro 2 to make gorgeous black and white images, and how to use the zone system to ensure your black and whites look their best. I'll show you how I create amazing skies, gorgeous skin, vintage film looks, perfect white backgrounds, custom recipes, and so much more using Color Efex Pro, Viveza, Silver Efex Pro, and even HDR Efex Pro for a non-HDR compositing technique you probably haven't seen before. I'll explain how to get the most out of Nik's amazing new points, and we'll even have a look at the fun new Snapseed app for the desktop.
Join me on a creative tour of the most powerful plugins on the market and learn some new tricks I'll share to enhance your photos. Then, turn this creativity into your own by combining your favorite techniques from your favorite plugins to create all new effects that no one has ever seen before.