Nik Creative Effects Workshop
Nik Software's plugins are loaded with powerful tools that can be combined in endless ways. In this workshop, photographic storyteller Joseph Linaschke takes a creative and personalized approach to these plugins, showing you how he uses them to create amazing skies, gorgeous skin, vintage film looks, perfect white backgrounds, custom recipes, and so much more using Color Efex Pro, Viveza, and Silver Efex Pro. He also explains how to use Silver Efex Pro 2 to make gorgeous black-and-white images and teaches a unique non-HDR compositing technique for HDR Efex Pro. Along the way, get tips on using Nik's zone system and U Point technology and be introduced to the fun new Snapseed app for the desktop.
- Preparing for editing
- Making white backgrounds truly white with Viveza
- Creating vintage color looks in Color Efex Pro
- Adding vintage black-and-white looks in Silver Efex Pro
- Non-HDR compositing in HDR Efex Pro
- Deconstructing presets
- Using U Points for complete control
- Creating quick effects with Snapseed
- Hi, I'm Joseph Linaschke, photographic story teller and travel writer, educator, and the Aperture expert. I travel the world shooting portraits, travel, lifestyle, product, you name it. I teach photography and Aperture workshops online and in person, and I also work with schools around the globe helping them to integrate photography into their curriculum. I find the Nik Creative plugins to be some of the most powerful and creative editing tools on the market today. Whether you're working in Photoshop, Lightroom, or Aperture, or on a Mac or on a PC, the experience once you launch into the plugins is equally amazing. In this course, I'm going to focus on some of my favorite creative techniques.
I'll share with you how I use Silver Efex Pro 2 to make gorgeous black and white images, and how to use the zone system to ensure your black and whites look their best. I'll show you how I create amazing skies, gorgeous skin, vintage film looks, perfect white backgrounds, custom recipes, and so much more using Color Efex Pro, Viveza, Silver Efex Pro, and even HDR Efex Pro for a non-HDR compositing technique you probably haven't seen before. I'll explain how to get the most out of Nik's amazing new points, and we'll even have a look at the fun new Snapseed app for the desktop.
Join me on a creative tour of the most powerful plugins on the market and learn some new tricks I'll share to enhance your photos. Then, turn this creativity into your own by combining your favorite techniques from your favorite plugins to create all new effects that no one has ever seen before.
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.041,114 Views
Learning Silver Efex Pro 247,055 Views
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroom49,983 Views
Learning Analog Efex Pro16,191 Views
Enhancing a Sunset Photograph with Lightroom and Photoshop56,085 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,784,856 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,769,278 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,634,210 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,408,723 Views