From powerful shortcuts to precise masking, this course will help you see Adobe Photoshop CC's adjustment layers and blend modes in a whole new light. In this course, join along side author Rich Harrington as he leads a workshop that unlocks some of the least used options for these powerful features.
- I hope you enjoyed this in-depth look…at using blending modes and adjustment layers.…As well as smart object technology.…There are so many creative things you can do with PhotoShop.…Particularly, when you take the time…to push things into new and creative uses.…I find that just because an adjustment layer…has an official purpose doesn't mean that…I can't change it by trying out a blending mode.…In fact, this is where some of…my favorite techniques come from.…Try out every single adjustment layer and combine them…with blending modes and see what happens.…
We only covered a few of them in this course.…There are many more adjustment layers…and as you'll see as you start to experiment.…The same techniques you've used of taking…an adjustment layer and then blending it…will unlock all new and creative outcomes.…I think I shared with you the most useful techniques.…But if you find something cool, please share it.…I'd love to see the outcomes.…If you'd like to learn more about Adobe PhotoShop…or photography, I have several other courses available…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.