Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] You may have noticed…that throughout this tutorial…every time I've created a Smart Object using the menu…there's a keyboard shortcut…associated with creating those Smart Objects.…I added that keyboard shortcut…because I'm so fond of Smart Objects…I create them very often.…Here's how you can add your own.…Go to Photoshop's Edit menu…and right down at the bottom…select keyboard shortcuts.…This dialog will appear.…
Choose shortcuts for application menus…and open the Layer menu.…You'll need to scroll a long way down…to find Smart Objects listed here.…When you've found it select the item…Convert to Smart Object.…Click the button Add Shortcut.…Click in the field…and now you can add any shortcut you want.…As long as it hasn't already been used elsewhere.…Once you've done that, Accept that shortcut…and click OK.…
That shortcut will now appear in the menu…and you can use it to trigger…converting an object to a Smart Object…without having to hunt through the menus.…A couple of the tutorials…have featured images created in Adobe Fuse…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.