In this video, create a file for a new digital colored drawing and create a couple of idea sketches.
- [Instructor] Our next illustration project is … a colored digital drawing. … And the first step in that project of course … is to create a new image file. … And I'm just going to stick with the dimensions … that have turned out to work very nicely … in my recording setup here. … So 2400 pixels wide, … and 1600 pixels high. … This fills our available space here, very nicely. … Let's zoom in a little bit. … To 200%, so that we are able to see the brushes. … Because I want to have a look now at the brushes … that I'm going to use in this project. … Let's also open the brush palette. … And from here we can select the different brushes. … So I invite you to use my brushes, … if you want to recreate this project. … You'll find them in the course material. … And for the drawing part of this project, … I'm going to use the sketch brushes … that I have here in my Sketch Brushes folder. … And in particular the, … Sharp Flow Sketcher for the fine lines, … this very controlled and precise brush. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.