In this video, create a file for a new digital drawing and have a look at your drawing brushes.
- [Instructor] My goal is now to create a digital drawing … in Photoshop, and in order to do that … I first need a new file. … So I go to file, new, and here I have to decide … on the dimensions of my file. … So this is going to be a digital drawing, … and I'm not really thinking about printing it. … The size here 2400 by 1600 fills the space that is available … on my recording setup here pretty nicely. … We can have a quick look at the centimeter dimensions … of this drawing. … If we were to print it out in 300 pixels per inch, … this drawing would be roughly 20 centimeters wide … and 13.5 centimeters high. … That even would work if we printed it out, … it would be a small print, but still it would work. … But as I said, I do not really care so much … about printing the drawing, I just want to make sure … that I have enough pixels for my drawing tools … to work properly and this dimension here … is tested for me many times, and I will just use it. … All right, and here we can see that if I expand …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.