In this video, go through a brief summary of the navigation controls for your digital canvas.
- [Instructor] Let's have a recap … of our most essential navigation techniques … and the corresponding keyboard shortcuts. … So, by using a combination … of Control and Plus, or Control and Minus, … and on the Mac that would be Command + Plus … and Command + Minus, we can zoom in and zoom out … inside our file window. … And by hitting the spacebar, we can switch our current tool … to the hand tool, and by clicking and dragging, … we can move our digital canvas inside the file window. … The default shortcut for the rotate view tool is r, … like rotate, and by activating it, … we can click and drag, and rotate our digital canvas … into any orientation. … And we don't have to hit the reset view button … in the options bar to reset our view, … we can simply hit Escape on the keyboard. … I can really recommend to practice these shortcuts … to learn them by heart, because the digital canvas, … after all, is the virtual canvas, … and we have to look at it through a window, … and being able to intuitively navigate …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.