In this video, learn how to adjust your preferences in order to activate animated zooming and flick panning.
- [Instructor] When you watch me navigating … inside the file window, zooming in, zooming out, … you might find that your own experience … in your Photoshop installation might differ … quite a bit from what you see here. … This might be the case because I'm using … some adjusted settings for navigation inside the file window … and I want to show you where to find these settings … and how to adjust them to your own preference. … Let me go to edit, preferences, tools. … We encounter a whole couple of settings … that we can enable or disable … and I disabled flick panning and animated zoom. … But in order to show you what these settings do, … I will now enable them. … Now when I zoom in, this is done in a smooth, … animated fashion. … You can see it clearly here. … And if I use my hand tool to move my digital canvas … inside the file window, I can let loose … and the image floats around a little bit. … I hope grandpa here doesn't get sick. … So these are the animated zoom … and the flick panning. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.