In this video, learn how to use the zoom functionality and the Hand tool to navigate your digital canvas.
- [Narrator] Let's have a look at how … handling our digital canvas works in Photoshop. … Now, if we create a new image file, … Photoshop opens it in a window that fits onto our screen … and also shows the full extent of our digital canvas. … However, this means that often, … our artwork is not shown in its original size. … In this case, our artwork is shown … at 50% of it's original size, … and we can see that here in the info bar of our file window. … If we go to View, 100%, we now see our artwork … at its original size, which means that one pixel … for our image file equals one pixel on our screen. … But now we can't see the full extent … of our digital canvas anymore, … and we need to use the scroll bars here … to navigate inside our file window. … There's a more convenient way for this type of navigation, … and we find it under Window, Navigator. … This opens up the Navigator palette, … and inside the Navigator palette, … we always see the full extent of our digital canvas … and a red rectangle that indicates the area …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.