Join Kevin Stohlmeyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Natural tip brushes, part of Using Wacom Tablets with Photoshop.
- [Instructor] So the next item I want to look at inside…of Adobe Photoshop is my natural tip brushes.…Here we have the portrait.psd file from our exercise files.…What we're going to do is create a painting based on…this photograph and you can see the final results…over in your layers panel on the portrait layer.…The first thing we're going to do is head over and add…a blank layer to our layers panel and turn off the portrait…layer, this blank layer is where we're going to be doing…our work.…Next I'm going to go over to my tools panel and I'm going to…choose the mixer brush tool.…
When I choose the mixer brush tool I should see a preview,…which is called the brush preview.…If I don't see this, you can go to View and choose Show…and show brush preview.…Next, I'm going to choose a natural tip brush from my…brush presets.…When I go over to my brushes panel, you'll notice that…we have a wide selection of brushes already loaded.…General brushes, dry media, wet media, and special effects…brushes.…Now a lot of these will work for our usage but these…
- Changing the pen nib
- Customizing the ExpressKeys, touch options, and more
- Understanding opacity vs. flow
- Using the brush tools and Mixer Brush
- Working with erodible brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on in April 2016. What changed?
A: We updated one video, "Radial Menu," to reflect changes to the Wacom software.