Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Natural looking wrinkle reduction, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, we are short on time,…and we need a retouching technique…which works really quickly.…Well, that's what we covered in the previous movie,…and other times, we need retouching techniques…which allow us to achieve really natural…and professional level,…more precise results.…Well, that's what we'll cover here in this movie.…Let's zoom in on the image,…and with this image, what I want to do…is reduce or remove a lot of the wrinkles…or shadows that we can see here.…To do that, we'll be working with multiple layers,…and we'll use the healing brush.…So let's start off by creating a new layer,…press Shift-Command-N on a Mac,…or Shift-Control-N on Windows,…and name the layer r1, for retouch one.…
Or, if ever you forget the shortcut,…just click on the New Layer icon, as you know.…Next, before we start using our tool,…I need to talk about an important setting here.…We select the healing brush.…We've talked about a little bit…how we have this diffusion slider.…I want to illustrate how this works.…In order to do that, I'm going to do something kind of silly,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.