In this video, explore the settings of the Natural Media Bristle Brushes.
- [Instructor] If we have a closer look … at the selection of brush tips here … in the upper part of the brush settings window, … we encounter these rather art looking brush tips. … They are called natural media bristle brushes … and they are a special kind of Photoshop brush. … If I click one of these, the lower portion … of the brush settings window changes radically, … because the natural media bristle brushes … come with their very own set of settings. … The first setting that I can adjust … is the shape of the brush. … And for this demonstration, … I want to use a flat blunt brush. … I increase the size of the brush, … and now let's see what happens on the canvas. … As we can see, … the natural media bristle brush … is composed of individual bristles. … We can increase the number of bristles … here in the brush settings. … And let's just do that and see what happens. … Now we have a much denser brush with more bristles. … The next setting that we can adjust is the length. … And in order to see the effect of that setting, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.