In this video, use the Move tool to move your layers around. The Free Transform action helps to warp the content of your layers into the desired shape.
- [Instructor] As we now have separate layers … in our image file we can start to make use … of a very important tool that we find … at the very top of the tool bar. … It's called the move tool. … With the move tool we can click and drag and move the layer … that is currently selected in the layers pallette. … If I select a different layer, … I can now move this layer around. … So we can freely move around the content … of our layers at any point. … And not only that we can also transform the content … of our layers at any point. … Under edit, free transform, … we can activate the transform handles. … Now we can scale … and rotate our layer. … With the shift key we can unproportionally scale our layer … and we can also make use of all the other functions … that we have already used with the free transform tool. … On a separate layer all these transformations … are even more powerful than using them only on selections. … Having our individual color applications sitting … on gives us unprecedented flexibility …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.