Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving and transforming layers, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Since we are now working on separate layers…on our digital cameras,…another tool becomes very interesting for us.…It's at the very top of the tool palette,…and it's called the Move tool.…With the Move tool, I can move around the content…that sits on a particular layer.…I can select the layer in the Layer palette,…and then I can use the Move tool to move it around.…And another technique…will do us great service.…
We find it under Edit, Free Transform,…and we're in this shortcut here, Ctrl + T,…that comes in very handy.…With Free Transform, we get these manipulators here…and by dragging these manipulator points,…we can stretch out or scale…the content of our layer.…By clicking in an area around the corners here,…when our cursor turns into these little curved arrows,…we can even rotate the content of our layer,…and there's another function of the Free Transform.…
It's called the Warp Mode.…You can activate it with this icon,…and what we get is a grid and these little handles here.…And as you can see, we can warp the content of our layer.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.