When you initially create a selection in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, you may need to nudge it around to make it perfect. What are a few different ways to move your selection so it selects exactly what you need? In this video, author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to move a selection in Photoshop.
- Once you've got a basic selection,…it can be easily moved,…and in fact in can also be transformed,…a command I'm going to introduce you to here,…but we'll also explore again a little later.…Moving a selection allows you to take a selection…and repeat it…or to move it…if it wasn't exactly what you wanted…to begin with.…Let's open up the next two images,…"2_4,"…and you'll see a series of adjustments.…In the final state,…I've adjusted the colors of the shutters…on this steeple.…
Now, here's one that's almost done,…but I need to re-select this next window.…The truth of the matter is,…is that these windows are very similar,…so I can take one selection and use it again.…Let's duplicate this adjustment layer here.…And I'll call it "Window 3."…Now, if I click on that,…you see it becomes a selection.…Command-clicking or control-clicking…on the thumbnail…turns it into an active selection.…
Now I'll choose Select, Transform Selection.…This allows you to move and nudge.…So now I'm just moving that over.…Let's press command or control-plus…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.