Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving a point with the Pen tool on the fly, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features.
Now this next feature is pretty tiny, but it's powerful, and it's been a long time coming.…A lot of folks have been asking for this.…The idea is that while you are drawing with the Pen tool, you can press and hold the Spacebar…to move an anchor point on the fly.…So, as you probably know, when you're working with any of the shape tools or if you're working…with one of the geometric marquee tools, whether the Rectangular Marquee, or the Elliptical…Marquee, as you're dragging with the tool, if you press and hold the Spacebar, then you…can move the marquee on the fly, and thereby better register it with part of an image.…
Well, now you can do the same thing with the Pen tool.…So, I'm going to trace around this droplet here using the Pen.…I'll grab the Pen from the toolbox, or you can press the P key.…And then let's say I decide I want to start my shape right about there.…And for whatever reason I changed my mind.…Well, while my mouse button is still down, I can press and hold the Spacebar in order…to move the anchor point to a different location.…
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brusheswith John Derry1h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. The New Features
2. New with The Creative Cloud
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.