In this video, learn how to move selections and how to duplicate their contents.
- We have some very interesting possibilities … to manipulate the color on our digital canvas … by using selections. … So let's pick up the lasso tool … and let's make a small selection here. … Now when we place our cursor inside the selection … and click and drag we can move our selection around … and place it anywhere we like. … If we hold down the ctrl key, … and on the Mac that would be cmd, … our cursor changes, … we see this little scissor icon here, … and if we now click and drag, … we will pick up this part of our digital canvas … and can move it around. … And as long as the selection is active, … we can move it around and find the perfect spot for it. … In order to confirm our positioning, … we have to deselect our selection … and now the position of these pixels … are permanently changed. … You will have noticed that we left a hole here … in our color application. … We picked up all the color that was here … and transferred it to a new place. … There's another way we can transfer paint …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.