Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video More settings, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Let's have a look at the remaining settings here,…although I would say that normally…you can just go with the preset values…but it can't hurt to have at least a brief look…at these settings and see what they are doing.…For one there is the Color Mode…which is normally preset to RGB.…RGB is a mathematical color space used…in display technology,…and since we are working on a display,…that's generally a good choice for us.…
An alternative would be CMYK Color Space…which is used in printing,…and if our image is going to be printed,…we might want to convert our image to CMYK later,…I would just not recommend to work in it from the beginning…because it holds less individual colors…than the RGB Color Space,…and you should always work…with the highest available amount of colors…because scaling down is always better…than scaling up.…
Then there's the bit depth,…here it becomes a little bit complicated,…I will just try to put it in a nutshell,…the bit depth of the Color Channels determines…how many shades of gray Color Channel can store.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.