Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying eye brightness and color, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we're going to work on improving the eyes.…Click on the Adjustment layer icon and choose Curves.…We're going to then go ahead and brighten this up a little bit.…Navigate to the Red Cyan channel; add a little bit of Cyan in there.…Navigate to the Blue Yellow channel.…Add some Blue and go back to the Green Magenta channel.…I want to add a little bit of green there and I'm back to the RGB composite, little bit brighter.…Back to the Blue Yellow, some more blue and click OK.…
Alright I think that looks pretty good in regards to the eyes.…Invert the Mask Command+I and than zoom-in on the face.…Select the Brush tool, painting at 10% Opacity; that should work pretty well for me.…I just want to paint with white on the mask here and I'm looking to bring in some of these colors, some of the brightness.…Look at our before and after - nice.…Let's take that up, try 30%.…Looks like I'm going to be able to get away with a little bit more here.…So I'm going to choose zoom-in on these eyes even more, so I can actually see what I'm painting down here.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.