Join Dennis Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Mobile preview on Adobe XD, part of Photoshop for UX Design.
- [Instructor] Switching over to my mobile device…I'm going to load Adobe XD,…which I've already installed from the App Store.…And it gives me two options at the bottom.…I can either load those documents from Creative Cloud,…which I'll show you in a moment,…or I can tap the Live Preview button.…Because XD is open on my desktop…and I have a mobile device plugged into that computer…I can immediately preview this.…I can swipe left, I can swipe right,…and it will take me through the different artboards…and helpfully it's ignoring all of the red annotations…that we previously designed,…because they are not scoped within any of those artboards.…
This is a very fast way of previewing your work…and it only requires opening XD.…If you don't have your device plugged in…or that's not an option…and in some cases with Android phones…there's another way of going about this.…Back on our desktop I'm going to choose…Command + S to save our file…and it's going to save an XD file…into the Creative Cloud files folder.…Once I click Save it's going to sync that XD,…
- Creating a document with artboards
- Using grids, guides, and guide layouts
- Adding placeholders and text
- Using ligature fonts for icons
- Using layer comps to display states
- Using Adobe Preview CC
- Exporting artboards for review
- Exporting assets for use in InVision
- Working with user interface kits
- Extracting CSS values from a design
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/14/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover how to use user interface kits to create pixel-perfect designs.
Q: This course was updated on 07/10/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video, "Mobile preview on Adobe XD."