In this video, revisit the Mixer brush and adjust its settings so that it does not apply color but manipulates the color that is already on the canvas.
- [Instructor] The smudge tool is a great way … to refine and adjust the edges of our color application. … However, it comes with one disadvantage, … and if we take a look over here into the brush settings, … we can see that we can't use any texture … on the smudge tool. … It is simply grayed out. … Now, there is a workaround. … By using the mixer brush and a specific setting, … we can simulate the smudge tool … and have a brush texture. … Let's see how it works. … Here we find the mixer brush, … and now it's important that these two buttons here … are activated and that the mix value is set to 100%. … At 100%, the mixer brush does not apply any color … on its own. … It only picks up the color that is on the canvas … and smudges it and behaves just like the smudge tool, … but now if I press a little bit lighter on my pen, … we can see that the texture that is installed … here in the brush settings … is used to create this wonderful, natural texture … while smudging the paint. … So if you want to adjust and blend your color strokes …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.