A bristle tip is internally built on a 3D representation of a brush tip. Bristle count, thickness, length, and stiffness are user adjustable, enabling a broad range of expressivity.
- [Voiceover] In the last movie, we created a captured…painterly dab that exhibits qualities found…in a traditional paintbrush,…and this technique offers expressive capabilities…not possible any other way.…However, Photoshop also has the bristle tip,…which is specifically designed to mimic brush hair behavior.…In this movie, we'll explore utilizing the bristle tip…to create a variation on painterly stroke appearance.…I've got this chart up to talk a little bit…about the variations that are available in the brush tips,…and you can see there's five different types,…which are named after the type of tip shape that they have.…
So we have the pointed, the blunt,…the curved, angled, and fan.…And then that's further divided up…into a round and a flat category,…and that is once again based on the tip shape.…You can see the brushes at the top are symmetrical…and fully round, whereas the so-called flat variants are…just one-dimensional and do not have a full,…round tip as part of their makeup.…Now, if you are an owner of the Wacom art pen,…
John begins by going over some important brush tips that many artists are unaware of: bristle, erodible, and airbrush tips. He talks about how to customize the brushes and use them to mimic natural bristle brushes, chalk, and spray paint. He also addresses some global issues such as paint flow and spacing, which can have a dramatic impact on any brush you create.
From there he jumps into some more advanced techniques, such as blending colors, loading brushes with multiple colors, and using Brush Projection. Use these tips together to extend the toolset and maximize your creative freedom in Photoshop.
- What brush do you want to create?
- Designing brush tips
- Painting with bristle tips and erodible tips
- Simulating spray paint with airbrush tips
- Saving brush presets
- Blending color
- Enhancing fidelity with dual brushes