Chris Mattia teaches you how to create a custom Color Lookup Table and use that new 3D LUT to give all of your images a consistent look in Photoshop. You can then use the same 3D LUT to make your video projects in Premiere Pro CC or Final Cut Pro X carry
- [Instructor] When building assets…for teaching and learning it's nice to create…a cohesive look across all the images in your presentation,…but making individual changes…to each image can be time consuming.…Let's look at how to create and load…a custom color lookup table, or LUT,…to create a consistent look across all of your images.…A LUT is simply a color index that tells Photoshop…how colors should be modified and adjusted.…Think of it as a custom color adjustment preset.…You apply a LUT to a layer by adding an adjustment layer…and selecting color lookup.…
Then selecting 3D color LUT file and click the drop down…and choose from one of the built-in LUTs…that ships with Photoshop.…For instance, here's what the crisp warm look…would look like,…and here's what the crisp winter look would look like.…Here's what the fall colors looks like.…And here's what the teal orange looks like.…Many of these LUTs are pretty stylized,…and depending on your topic…you may find one that works for you,…but you can also create your own custom LUT…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.