This video explores how to shift the colors in an image to match a target color.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to see…how we can match a color to another color.…So in this example, here's the scenario.…So I have this picture.…I'll just turn off the filters.…This was taken from an airplane out of the window,…and it's a nice abstract image.…I've made it more abstract by applying a blur to it.…And let's say, for example, I'm decorating my bathroom…and I have a color of tile that looks like this.…And I think, well, this image would be…a good image to have in the bathroom,…but I want the blue of the image…to match or be closer to the blue of the tile.…
So I took a photograph of the tile.…I sampled its colors.…I made a layer, just a rectangle,…and filled that layer with that color.…And then, using my info panel,…here is, in HSB mode, the color of the tile.…And the second sample that I've taken…is the color of the existing sky.…So our challenge here is how do we get this color,…the color of the sky, to be as close as possible…to the color of the tile.…
Bear in mind that the sky is gradated,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.