Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Masking shortcuts, part of Time-Saving Tips Using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Layer masks are powerful ways … to limit adjustments to certain areas of a project … in a nondestructive way. … Now again, my goal isn't to show you so much … how to create layer masks, but more so some shortcuts … for working with masks. … If you want to know more about creating masks themselves, … I encourage you to check out Photoshop: Channels and Masks … by Deke McClelland or the Mastering Selections course … by Tim Gray. … Now, I'm starting here with the butterfly image open … and what I'm going to do is I want to kind … of create a layered effect with the type … and the butterfly, but right now, I'm working … with a flat image. … So, I'm going to show you a shortcut here. … I'm going to click on the background layer … and I'm going to press command or control J … to duplicate that layer. … And that basically just creates a copy of that layer. … Now I'm going to double click and rename that background copy … to butterfly. … Now, I've saved us some time by already creating a selection …
- Customizing Photoshop
- Zooming and panning techniques
- Using Photoshop tool shortcuts
- Selecting, moving, showing, and merging layers
- Adjusting brush size
- Transforming selections
- Adding a color adjustment
- Changing type properties
- Working with Smart Objects
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Saving Tips Using Illustratorwith Chad Chelius1h 45m Intermediate
Lightroom Classic CC: Working Fasterwith Chris Orwig1h 25m Intermediate
Mastering Selections in Photoshop CCwith Tim Grey3h 13m Beginner
1. Performance and Interface Tips
3. Selections and Masking
4. Working with Type
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.