Chris Mattia teaches you the fundamentals of creating and using masks in Photoshop. Masks are one of those features that every teacher, trainer, instructional designer, and student simply must know.
- [Instructor] The next common feature that you'll use a lot…in teaching and learning is masks.…Masks are one of those features that I really wish…I had learned how to use sooner because they're so powerful.…Basically, a mask lets you define which pixels in a layer…are transparent in a completely non-destructive way.…Let me show you what I mean.…In the last movie, we made this selection of these glasses…and let's say you want to use them…to add a different pair of glasses to this flag.…If you don't still have your selection,…then go up to the select menu, go down to load selection,…and under channel, select glasses, and then click OK.…
You can copy the contents of a selection…by switching to your move tool and then moving inside…of the marching ants, hold down the option or alt key,…and then click and drag to make a copy…of your selection on the same layer.…But, that would be a destructive move.…Let's undo that with command or control + Z…and instead, move your mouse over top…of your base glasses layer, hold down option or alt,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.