Do you want to make more targeted selections and not select the entire canvas in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017? This is where other features like the Marquee tools come into play. In this video, Richard Harrington walks through how to use the Marquee tools in Adobe Photoshop and shows where to find them.
- All right, we've been going pretty deep taking a look…at both beginner and advanced techniques.…Let's slow it down for a moment and take a look…at a basic tool that a lot of people don't know how…to actually use, and that's the marquee tool.…The marquee tool is useful for geometric shapes…and can be modified for even more results.…Let's start here with this marquee practice.…There are two principle marquees.…You have the rectangular and the ellipse.…This single row or single column will choose a single pixel,…and this isn't used that often but sometimes gets used…to clean up fringe.…
Let's start with the elliptical marquee.…If I click and drag, it does a freeform shape.…Adding the shift key starts to constrain that adjustment.…On the other hand, let's deselect, you can hold down…the option key to scale from the center.…Or those two keys can be used together at the same time.…Once you've made a selection, using the arrow keys…you can even nudge that into place.…
Now, if you switch selection tools here,…and hold down the shift key because you wanted to constrain…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.