Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Marquee tool, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- So far, we have accepted the fact that our…paint is always applied to the whole canvas.…That's okay with a brush tool,…but if we're using the paint bucket, for example,…we only have the option to fill the whole canvas,…or nothing,…and that's a little bit limiting,…and wouldn't it be great to have a tool…that we could use to define an area…in which our paint is applied?…And, of course, such a tool exists.…
It's called the marquee selection tool,…and we can find it here in the Tool palette,…and it gives us this little pre-sized cursor…and with it we can drag a selection.…And now, every tool that we're using,…for example, the brush tool,…will only affect the area…that is defined by this selection.…Also, if we are using the paint bucket,…this will now only fill the selected area,…and the same is true, of course,…for the gradient tool.…
Let's just have a look.…So, we can use the marquee selection tool…to make sure that paint…only goes into the desired areas,…and we are not limited to only use…one rectangular selection.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.