This video covers how to save and exchange swatches between documents and across applications.
- [Instructor] The swatches panel is where we store colors.…I'm currently viewing the default colors.…To add a color I'll sample a color from my image,…move to an empty space on my swatches panel and click.…And then I am asked to name the color…and optionally I can add the color to my current CC library.…I'll just leave it called swatch one.…If I want to bypass having to name the color,…then hold down the optional or alt key…when you click on an empty space on the swatches panel.…
If you want to delete colors hold down the option or alt key…and click on those colors.…If I want to batch delete so that I can remove all colors…that may not be relevant to my project,…then the easiest way to do that is to come…to the preset manager also available…on the edit menu.…I'll select the first color that I don't want,…hold down the shift key, and select a range of colors…and if I want to exclude colors from there…I can hold down the command or control key…to take those out of that selection…and then I can delete those colors and click done.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.