Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of making selective adjustments in Photoshop with adjustment layers so you can quickly refine your teaching and learning assets.
- [Instructor] Now, when you're creating teaching…and learning assets, you'll often need to make a change…to a particular object in your image.…When you were exploring through all of the main menus,…you likely found up under the Image menu…all of these adjustment options,…such as Brightness and Contrast,…Levels, Curves, and so forth.…All of these tools are fantastic…for making overall adjustments to your image,…but the problem is they make overall adjustments…to your entire image.…Now, there is another set of these tools,…and they're hidden down here…at the bottom of your Layers panel…under this adjustment layer icon.…
Now, adjustment layers work on the layers…that appear below it in the layer stack.…So make sure that you have your red glasses layer selected,…and then let's add a Hue and Saturation adjustment layer.…Now a new layer appears in your stack,…and your Properties panel should automatically open up.…As you drag the Hue slider back and forth,…you can see that all of the colors…in the image are being modified by this slider.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.