Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of making selections in Photoshop so you can quickly refine your teaching and learning assets. Selection tools covered in this short lesson are: Marquee tools, Lasso tools, and Quick Selection tools.
- [Instructor] Now the second standout feature of Photoshop…are the three primary types of selection tools.…And they're all located up here…near the top of your toolbar.…Now selection tools all target the currently selected layer,…so always begin by making sure…that you have the correct layer selected.…In our case we only have one layer,…so we're good to go.…Now the first type of selection tool…that we're going to look at are the marquee tools right here,…with the Rectangular and the Elliptical Marquee…being the two most common that you'll use.…
You can press m on your keyboard to quickly activate…the front most marquee tool.…I'll begin with the Rectangular Marquee Tool,…then click and drag to make a selection.…Now selections appear as a dashed line…that is commonly referred to as the marching ants.…If you click and drag inside of the marching ants…you can reposition your selection.…When you have a selection and you want to change…to another tool, like the Paintbrush Tool,…you'll only be able to make changes to the current layer…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.