Learn how to use the offset filter to make seamless pattern repeats in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Now that we've made a basic pattern,…let's do something a little more advanced.…We're going to use the offset filter.…So I've got a file here.…I've given it a background color,…and I've got a little mandala that I've put in the file.…If we were to make a pattern out of this as it stands,…which again is edit to find pattern,…and open a new page.…Let's just make again a letter size page, create.…If I were to fill with this pattern,…and I'm using the cookie again, it would look like this,…just a pretty plain repeat.…
But I can do something a little bit more elaborate.…So let's go back to this mandala file…and talk about how to use the offset filter.…I'm gonna duplicate the mandala.…So I've just dragged it down to the new layer icon…to make a copy of it, and I'm gonna turn the copy off…for now and go back to my original.…We're gonna go up to filter, other, offset,…and the way the offset filter works is…we're gonna make sure it's set to wrap around,…and I am going to make sure it's set to zero, zero.…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.