Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Making final color and tone adjustments, part of Photoshop for Photographers: Compositing.
All right, well now that we have brought in some of the basic shadows, what we…need to do is add a few more shadows and then also finish this one off by…modifying the overall color and tone.…So let's go and open the group for shadows and click into the topmost layer, then…let's create a new layer by clicking on the New Layer icon, we'll go ahead and…just name this one shadows. These are going to be some general shadows that'll…create by changing the layer blending mode to Soft Light, then we'll use our…Brush tool and here we'll paint with black.…We're going to paint with black with a real low opacity, right around 10% should work well.…
We'll also want to make sure we have a brush without any Hardness, a nice soft…edged brush here, so let's use a really small little brush here, maybe to 9 or 10…even will work well.…All right, well next we'll go ahead and just paint some shadows around the hand…and also underneath the leg.…I'm actually going to increase my brush size by pressing the right bracket key,…
- Combining facial expressions from two images
- Creating a better group portrait with Photomerge
- Removing a subject from the background
- Changing the scale of a subject
- Enhancing the color and tone of a composite image
- Masking together multiple exposures
- Filling in background gaps
- Correcting overexposure
- Replacing the sky in an image
- Creating reflections
- Building in shadows
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
1. Combining Expressions
2. Adding a Subject to a New Environment
3. Compositing to Improve Composition
4. Combining Exposures in Architectural Photography
5. Replacing the Sky in an Image
6. Showing Frame-by-Frame Action in Sports
7. Creating an Imaginative Scene
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.