Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of making nondestructive and editable adjustments to your images in Photoshop with adjustment layers.
- [Instructor] Now let's make targeted and editable…changes to the exposure of our image.…Now when we made changes using the tools up…here in our image menu for adjustments,…all of the changes that we made were global…changes to the composite of our entire image.…Meaning if we had any other layers in our content,…those changes would have affected all of our layers equally.…Now in many cases, that's exactly what you want.…But there are many times when you only want to make…selective adjustments to a single layer…or have the option of revisiting your changes…as you work through your image correction process.…
And that's where adjustment layers come into play.…Now once again we have our underexposed…desert plants image and this time let's start off by…correcting the exposure by clicking on the adjustment layer…icon down here in the bottom of our layers panel.…And notice that most all those same options that we had…in our image menu are all here as well.…Let's start off by adding an exposure adjustment layer.…This time instead of a free floating window,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.