Mike Rankin shows how to use the Adjustments panel in Photoshop to apply nondestructive color corrections to an image. He demonstrates how to use the Color panel to determine if a color cast exists and then fix it with a Color Balance adjustment layer.
- [Instructor] For the ACA exam, you should be familiar with … some of the options in the Adjustments panel … that you can use for color correction. … And if I go to the Adjustments panel, … you can see that there are lots of tools here. … You can use them to target specific areas of an image … for correction, without making a selection. … And just to highlight some of the choices here, … we have Brightness Contrast, Levels, Curves, Vibrance, … Color Balance, Photo Filter, and Selective Color. … And you should spend time experimenting with all of them. … In our exercise file, we have an image of … one guy in shorts and the rest in suits. … And at first, this image looks good, … like there might be no colors that need correcting. … But one way you can tell for sure … is to use the Color panel. … So I'll go to the Color panel, go to its menu, … and I'm going to choose HSB Sliders. … Then I'll take the eyedropper tool, go to the Options bar … and make sure this option is chosen, five by five average, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.