Mike Rankin shows how to make and modify selections in Photoshop. He demonstrates features including the rectangular and elliptical marquee tools, Quick Mask, Color Range, and the Quick Select tool.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll look at … Photoshop's features for working with selections. … Making accurate and efficient selections … is a fundamental Photoshop skill, … so you'll definitely need to be ready to demonstrate … your knowledge of selections for the ACA exam. … So, let's check out some of the ways … we could select this phone in our exercise file. … In the toolbox, first we have the Rectangular marquee tool. … Click and drag to make a rectangular selection. … While you're dragging out a selection, … you can press and hold the spacebar to reposition it. … To deselect, I can just click and draw a new selection … and I can hold Shift to constrain my selection to a square … or I can hold Option or Alt and draw … from the center of the selection. … Also notice in the Options bar, … there are four different modes … which also apply to the Elliptical marquee tool. … The first is New Selection … and with it, each time I drag, I create a new selection. … And if I switch to the Add mode, …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.