Chris Mattia teaches you how to create web graphics that retain their transparency through the export process in Photoshop. Transparency created with the powerful image masking tools in Photoshop look amazing in your slides or teaching and learning web r
- [Narrator] You've spent a lot of time…creating this perfect mask to isolate your object…from it's background…and now you'd like to integrate this object…into your PowerPoint or KeyNote slide deck,…but you need to maintain this transparency…that's created by your mask…in order to create that seamless presentation look…that you're going for.…Not a problem.…The two image formats that support transparency…and can be easily used on the web and in presentation tools…are PNGS and GIFS.…
Let's start by looking at the Safe Web Legacy Window.…By going up to File, Export,…and selecting Save for Web Legacy.…Now when you have either of the PNG formats…or the GIF formats selected,…then, you'll have a checkbox for transparency.…With that checked,…Photoshop will honor any transparent areas of your image…when it exports the file.…If you have the PNG-8 or the GIF file format…and you have the transparency option checked,…then you can select a color from your color table…and then click on the checkerboard icon…to tell Photoshop that you want that specific color…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.