Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Locking transparent pixels, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- When we have a layer active, we can add color to it…at any place actually.…I'm just refining the contour of the hills here…that got a little bit blurred by the transformation.…And as you can see I can just add paint…to the layer without restrictions.…However, in some cases it might come in handy…to have some restrictions.…And there actually are some restrictions…that we can use on the layers.…
And for those we use these little icons above here.…Now all these icons can be used…to protect our layer…and the strongest protection is this little lock here…on the right.…If we click it, we can't do anything with our layer.…We even get a warning message when we try to.…So we can't do anything now.…We can't paint on it,…cannot move it around.…
It is locked.…We also can lock only specific aspects of the layer…so this icon here locks only the movement.…We can't move it around,…but we can paint on it.…And the little brush here is the opposite.…We now can't paint on the layer…but we still can move it around.…The most useful option is the left icon here…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.