Another type of adjustment layer that you need to take advantage of in Adobe Photoshop is the Color Lookup adjustment layer. Color Lookup tables give colors already in an image a new definition as another color. In this video, learn how to load new lookup-table presets in Photoshop.
- Besides the built-in lookup tables,…you can easily add your own.…Photoshop ships with a few,…but there are many available for download.…Let me show you how they work.…Let's click here on the color lookup effect…and I'll choose to load a 3D LUT.…Now what I can do is navigate to the exercise files.…And in the folder here for folder five,…you'll see a handful of LUTs..…Let's try this black and white film stock LUT…and choose Open.…
And you see it applies this great black and white look,…which I really like.…Now let's add another lookup table…and we'll load another custom LUT here,…and, this time, we'll try the other one…with the Cool Deep Blue.…Now you see that these two layers individually can work,…but they can also be combined for new results.…And, depending upon the stacking order,…it'll affect how things apply.…What I'm gonna do is put the black and white LUT on first,…but change its blending mode.…
Let's go with something a little more gentle,…like Soft Light,…and that creates a nice richening effect.…Now I'll turn on the deep blue,…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.