Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading and modifying saved selections, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
If you have the foresight to save a selection with an image, you can reload that…selection at any time, even after saving, closing, and reopening the image.…That will save you the time and trouble of recreating a selection from scratch.…In this file, I made a selection around the car, and I saved that as the red car selection.…Now let's say that I closed the file, and went on to do some other things, and…later decided that I want to make a change to the car.…So I reopened the file.…Now I'm going to go up to the Select menu and down to Load Selection.…
In the Load Selection dialog box, I'll go to the Channel menu.…From there, I'll choose the name of the selection that I want to restore.…I actually made and saved more than one selection in this particular image.…So, I'll choose the red car selection and click OK.…That restores my original selection around the car.…Now, I'm noticing that there is a portion of the car that wasn't included in…my original selection, but that's okay, because I can always add to a…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland26h 24m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.