Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Liquify for ruffles, part of Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fills.
- [Instructor] This time we're gonna…fill a flat with a pattern,…and you can open an Illustrator flat…directly into Photoshop.…You're gonna go into Photoshop and click file open.…Select your Illustrator file,…which in this case is the peasant skirt,…and open it up.…When this window opens we need to…double check a few settings before you go…click happy and click OK.…You wanna make sure that anti-alias is turned off,…and that's on by default.…So you need to turn it off.…We want to make sure that the resolution is 300…and you wanna change the mode to RGB.…
So those are three important steps.…Anti-alias is off, resolution is 300,…and the mode is RGB.…Then you can click OK and it will open…your Illustrator file up directly in Photoshop.…It's gonna open it up with very hard crisp edges…that looks terrible when you zoom in,…but it'll be beautiful when it prints.…The next thing I wanna do is…make my canvas a little bit bigger.…I don't like working on such a tight canvas…so close to my image.…So I'm gonna go image, canvas size.…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.