Mike Rankin explains and demonstrates the benefits of linking layers in the Photoshop layers panel. He shows how linking layers allows you to move multiple layers at the same time and how to unlink layers.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll see the benefits … of linking layers in Photoshop. … In our magazine cover, we have this element … in the bottom left, … which includes a shape, and two type layers, … and let's say that the position … of this element changed every month … depending on the other content on the cover. … We need to be able to move these three layers around … as efficiently as possible. … That's a perfect case for linking them. … So first I'll open the Layers panel … and I'll click on each of these layers … while holding the Command key on Mac … or Control key on Windows to select all three. … So it's the Sun layer, … SPECIAL FEATURE, and Why Stripes Matter. … And with the three selected, … I'll click the button at the bottom left of the Layers panel … to link them. … Now I can see the link icons, … and now I'm going to click just the Sun layer … so only it is targeted in the Layers panel, … and I can drag the sun anywhere on the canvas … and the other two layers come along for the ride. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.