You don't want your light to look unnatural when you're shooting from above. A strobe adjustment can make the artificial light seem more natural.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to talk about…how to position your lights on the y-axis, that is,…vertically, in order to light the scene from above,…which is essential if you want to get…natural-looking shadows, because after all,…we're used to seeing shadows underneath…our foreground subjects, not directly behind or above them.…And so, we're going to start off with that simplified scene,…with the soft corals lit by our strobes,…and everything in the background lit by ambient sunlight.…And now we're going to introduce our camera,…but this time we're looking at a rear view,…and we're shooting the image horizontally.…
So we have a landscape orientation,…which is why I decided to go ahead and throw these labels…in once again, so you can see that our strobes are up there…at the top, we have fibre optic cables that are connecting…our onboard flash, so that the camera can tell…the strobes when to fire, and then on either side…of what I've drawn, is a translucent housing.…We have the handles, which you use to hold the housing…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.