Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Lightening wrinkles with the Clone Stamp tool, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Once again, great to have you back.…Let's create a New Layer.…Shift+Command+N or shift Ctrl+N on a PC.…Let me name this layer, cloning.…What we're going to do with this particular layer is, select the Clone Stamp tool.…Take our Blend Mode to lighten.…Does anyone know that shortcut to go to lighten?…If you have that concept tool, select it and press Shift+Option+G on the Mac…or Shift+Alt+G on a PC will take it to lighten, wonderful.…Take our Opacity way down, way down somewhere to seventeen and then zoom in on the image.…What we're going to do here, make sure sample all layers are checked on.…
We're going to do some more burning and dodging.…We're removing yet more wrinkles, with the Clone Stamp tool, on this Blend Mode of lighten, check this out.…It's such great progress here, as we work through this, cloning these wrinkles out, cloning down the darkness.…The best thing about this is we're using tone we have in our image.…Fix up the image, which I like, I like doing this.…
Adds nice texture, we don't get too many repeated patterns, so unless we're careful with this.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.