Need a refresher on the basics? Check out Joseph's Photography 101 series.
- Shooting with a smartphone or full-size camera
- Creating a softbox setup for shooting small products
- Shooting against a white seamless background
- Lighting for product photography
- Shooting accurate color
- Retouching product photography in post
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Photo Joseph and welcome to my studio where we're shooting this course on the fundamentals of product photography. If you're selling online, whether you're just selling some thing you have laying around the house that you don't need anymore or you have your own online store selling products that you make, having high quality images of those products matters. And of course if you're shooting for a client getting the best quality images possible of their products is critical. This course covers the basics to get you started to help you get the most out of the gear you already own.
And to give you some ideas on what you want to buy next. We'll cover cameras and accessories. From shooting with your smart phone to specialized lenses for your full-size camera. We'll look at how to set up your shot, from backgrounds to props including how to get the most from a white seamless. We'll spend a lot of time talking about lighting, covering constant lights, small flashes, and big studio strobes, diffusers and reflectors. We'll talk about white balance and the importance of color accuracy.
And finally, we'll jump into post-processing, looking at retouching, making backgrounds perfectly white, optimizing files for web use, and we'll even look at focus stacking. To get the most from this course you should be familiar with terms like macro, aperture, and depth of field. You should also know a bit about flash or strobe photography. If you don't, I encourage you to check out my photography 101 courses. By the end of this course you'll be ready to make a great photo of any product that you want to.