Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Layering graphics in practice, part of Artistic Video with Photoshop (2012).
Now, when it comes to layering graphic elements you want to make sure to remain flexible.…What I mean by that, obviously in any creative process you're going to have to make changes.…And when you're building animations it's sometimes a little bit frustrating …to have to go back and change something that you've already started animating.…But in Photoshop that's no big deal and I'll show you how to do that as we…continue the layer more graphics in this video.…So, to get started let's click on our playhead and scroll through …our little animation here.…
And notice I've added several layers of type and if you scrub all the way to …the end we now have a logo.…This Travel 5 logo is going to be the style guide to push the rest of the text…elements in our project.…Now, we can mimic the style in one of two ways.…We can choose the type face or we can choose the color.…Well, let's start by looking at the type face.…If we click on the word TRAVEL here in our Layers panel and open the Character panel …notice we do have this pink color here.…
With this course, existing Photoshop enthusiasts can expand their skills to learn a new discipline while staying in the application they already know and love. Video editors will see how to fix footage issues like lens distortion and chromatic aberration and how to create unique effects with Photoshop filters, brushes, and effects.
- Optimizing Photoshop for video
- Browsing and importing video clips
- Understanding video groups
- Trimming and sliding video
- Applying video transitions
- Using video shortcut keys
- Fixing lens distortion and chromatic aberration
- Creating and animating masks
- Rotoscoping with vector masks
- Stylizing video with filters
- Applying specific color correction with 3D LUTs
- Adding and adjusting keyframes in the timeline
- Creating animated brush strokes
- Animating type
- Exporting video files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Video Editing in Photoshop
3. Correcting and Stylizing Video
Applying styles in practice8m 40s
4. Animating Graphic Elements
5. Creating Masks and Final Composites
6. Finishing, Exporting, and Archiving
What's next?1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.