Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer styles in perspective, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] This image contains three layers.…There's this background shot of a billboard,…some text I want to add to that billboard,…and I've copied these lights from the billboard layer…to their own layer in front of the text…so it looks better.…So how do we put this text onto that billboard?…This is live text,…and if we use Free Transform to try and distort this,…normally we'd be able to hold down Command on a Mac…or Control on a PC,…and drag each of these handles into place.…
But it's not working.…When we drag this corner handle,…we're not getting the distortion we want.…But we're shearing the text rather than distorting it.…And that's because you cannot distort live text…in Photoshop.…So let's cancel that.…The solution is, first of all,…to make the text into a smart object.…Now, when we go into Free Transform,…we can use the same process.…
Hold Command on a Mac, Control on a PC,…and drag each of these handles to their correct position.…And because it's a smart object,…we're able to adjust everything about this text,…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.