Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer styles: Light sources, part two, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- In the previous movie I talk about layer styles…and how the light source and the direction…of that light source is very crucial…in determining what that layer style looks like.…It also gives you the illusions of depth.…So, like right here, I've got this little target.…Let's just say that I want little…bolts up here on the top.…I'm going to go up here, and I'm going…to create a little shape right here…and I'm going to create a little circle…right on top of this; I'm going to create…a little bolt that's holding this in place, right up there.…So here's my little target.…
I'm going to go right on top of the tiles,…I'm going to put a little bolt.…Now, our light source is coming from this way,…you can see it on the other objects,…it's coming from that direction.…I'll go in there, and let's just fill this…with a nice color, let's say it's a little blue bolt.…To make that look like the little bolt is there…I'm going to go into that layer style,…and just like I did with those circles before,…I'm going to give it a "Bevel & Emboss"…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels