Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer opacity and blend modes, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- An important aspect of a layer is its opacity.…We can see it here in the layers palette at the top,…and by default, the opacity of a new layer is at 100%.…I have, on this layer here, created a little color gradient…to add some atmosphere to my landscape,…but it's a little bit too intense for me.…Instead of experimenting with several color applications,…I can just take the gradient that I have here…and adjust the opacity of the layer it's sitting on.…
I get this little slider here when I click the opacity value…and now I can adjust the opacity…to a level that looks good to me.…Then there's another thing.…Each layer can have an individual blend mode.…To demonstrate that, I have created this beautiful…rainbow here, but it looks a little bit too intense.…By default, a new layer is displayed in the normal mode,…but if you click the pull-down here, we see that we have…all the modes that we know from the painting tools…also available for our layer.…
So, for example, we find the screen mode here…and this gives our rainbow…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.