Join Emily Kay for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer comps, part of Photoshop for Web Design.
- [Instructor] Designers often create multiple compositions…of a page layout to show clients.…Or perhaps you just aren't sure…which direction you want to take your design.…Or maybe you have multiple states of foreign element.…Using layer comps, you can create, manage,…and view multiple versions of a layout…in a single Photoshop file.…Layer comps act like a shortcut…to different states of your design.…So if a particular state involves…a dozen different nested layers,…you can display it with a single click…instead of hunting around to toggle visibility…or shuffle positions.…
They are a really useful tool in regards to web design.…In this file right here,…you can see that I have one artboard,…and I have a series of layer sets that contain…all of the various items that are part of that layer set.…I'm going to go ahead and tear out my Layer Comp panel.…I've already created a layer comp,…and so I'll just show you what this looks like.…And then I'll show you how you can…go about creating another layer comp.…You can see that I have two layer comps…
- Setting up workspaces and artboards
- Using libraries
- Responsive design tips and tricks
- Setting breakpoints
- Creating navigation elements
- Creating textures and backgrounds
- Embedding or linking smart objects
- Making custom templates
- Creating reusable UI elements
- Saving and exporting for the web
- Using Generator
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Set Up Your Project
2. Design Responsively
5. Image Considerations
6. Export Assets for Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.